HEAL the Children Foundation, Inc. will build and support nurturing homes for children of all backgrounds to live in a community of support. Rehema Children’s Centre – Kenya is our first project. The objectives of the home are to:
- Provide support in all aspects of life, including education, health and spirituality.
- Provide counseling for children of all backgrounds.
- Stimulate knowledge and appreciation of Kenyan culture.
- Foster knowledge of the world and current issues affecting the environment and use of natural resources.
- Provide opportunities for training in skills such as sewing, construction, computers, and farming.
- Give children the tools to become positive and proactive Kenyan citizens.
- Provide a nurturing environment where everyone in the children’s home is family.
Every child, no matter what the background, will live in an environment promoting a healthy life. When a child comes to our home, a health plan is developed to properly care for that child within the existing safe environment. The HEAL staff will track the growth and development of each child; in the event of sickness or other health problems, the staff will develop a treatment plan to effectively care for the child. Counseling services will be available to help the children through the transition and deal with trauma that might have occurred before entering the new home.
With structured education programs and school, each child will learn the skills necessary to become proactive and successful citizens. A focus on create and independent thinking will be mixed with the awareness and respect of the desires of others around them. The children will be exposed to the traditional subjects, global issues and Kenyan news and culture. The children will attend a local school. HEAL Staff will work closely with the school to track each student’s progress and develop a plan to grow.
Each child will have a balanced diet. The children will have access to a well balanced diet to feed growing bodies and minds. HEAL will develop a sustainable garden and animal program where we can grow and produce the food used at the home. The sustainable farming will both produce fruits, vegetables, milk and eggs, and provide the children an opportunity to learn about farming and animal care.
All children have the right to be loved. Each child in a HEAL home will be nurtured and loved in an atmosphere of care and support. Every child coming to the door has a different story; HEAL helps write the next chapter.